by Beth Fore
“Your love, O LORD, reaches
to the heavens, your faithfulness
to the skies. Your righteousness is
like the mighty mountains, your justice
like the great deep. O LORD, you preserve
both man and beast. How priceless is your unfailing
love! Both high and low among men find refuge in the
shadow of your wings. They feast on the abundance
of your house; you give them drink from your
river of delights. For with you is the
fountain of life; in your light
we see light.”
(Psalm 36:5-9 NIV)
Delights from the Lord
The kiss of the wind upon my cheek,
the butterfly fluttering on my nose,
the birds singing songs in my ears,
the sand trickling through my toes.
The morning mist moisturizing my skin
through sunrays making it glow,
the gentle breeze caressing my face
causing the strands of my hair to blow.
The soothing sounds of rushing water
flowing from a mountain stream,
the visual display of enhanced colors
filling my senses in a nocturnal dream.
The taste of the earth’s sweet nectar
squeezed from Nature’s grapevine,
wets my lips and delights my palette
as I savor the sweet sip of wine.
The fragrance of Nature’s bouquet
permeates every breath of air,
and I behold Your master artistry
in vibrant flowers everywhere.
You delight me every day, Lord,
and surpass my finite imagination,
as You reveal Your power and glory
in Your divinely inspired creation.
*God, our Creator, has created a beautiful world for us to inhabit, and He wants us to delight in all of the special gifts and blessings He has placed on earth to bring us joy and delight.
“O LORD, you preserve both man and beast. How priceless is your unfailing love! Both high and low among men find refuge in the shadow of your wings. They feast on the abundance of your house; you give them drink from your river of delights.” (Psalm 36:6-8 NIV)
God is the God of love to every living thing He has created. He provides for our every need. Regardless of our status, or position, in this world, God gives us refuge in the shadow of His wings and allows us to drink from His river of delights. God is the one who created the ocean, the beautiful sky and clouds, the mountains and forests, the beautiful sounds of birds singing their songs, and the sound of earthly choirs singing heavenly songs to worship him.
God is a Father who gives His children every good blessing, and He delights when we recognize and acknowledge that all good gifts on this earth come from him! He wants to open up His storehouse of abundant blessings and pour them down on us! He also wants us to respond to His generosity and kindness with a thankful heart and a desire to share these good gifts with other people.
There is nothing we can ever do to repay God for all of the things He gives us; but His delight comes through our love and obedience to Him and our love and kindness to our fellow man. We choose whether we will be thankful, grateful people or complaining, ungrateful people. God will truly show us the delights of His creation when we look at all of the little things He has created in nature to demonstrate His artistry, creativity, mystery, and meticulous attention to details. We will feast on the abundance of His house and drink from His river of delights
- Take some time and write down some of the most beautiful things in this world that God has created. Do you really appreciate these things? Pray a prayer of thanksgiving mentioning each one of these things to demonstrate your thankfulness to God for His gifts.
- What are some of the intangible gifts from God, such as “love?” Are these gifts available to everyone or only to a select few people? Give thanks for these gifts.
- Write a paragraph describing how you feel when you give a gift to your children, your spouse, or a friend, and they are absolutely delighted and joyful about the gift. Imagine how God feels when He gives you a special gift that fills you with joy and delight. Share your feelings with someone else.
- What are some things you can do when you get down and depressed and you can’t see any good in your life?
- Take a walk of praise to God. As you walk (in your house, in your backyard, in your mind), look all around you and praise God for the things you see that are blessings and gifts from him.
If you want to learn more about what it means to be a Christian or to become a Christian, click this link: https://woww.newlifebehavior.org/what-it-means-to-follow-jesus-how-to-become-a-christian/